This exception is displayed by the planning workbench.
It simply means that supply for one project has been allocated to the demand of a different project.
To resolve this issue, check the demand. If the demand is correct, you should:
- Perform project transfers if exception message is related to on hand quantities
- Update purchase and work orders if exception message is not related to on-hand quantities.
We will assume that you are using a Project tracking environment and that the following planning parameters are set up as follow:
- Planning reservation option is set to Planning Group.
- All projects belong to the same planning group.
- Pegging is set to Hard Pegging.
Check the meaning of other exceptions from the planning engine here: MRP most frequently used exceptions